Misconceptions I Had As A Child
- •I thought science was going to be really interesting and my favorite subject. I watched all those fun "science experiment" commercials on PBS, before textbooks and lackluster teachers ruined science for me.
- •I thought that Shut Up was the meanest thing you could say to someone.
- •I thought that sticking out your tongue at someone meant you loved them. (?)
- •I thought that Tomorrow from Annie was the best song ever. (Still speculating on that one.)
- •I thought that if you rode a roller coaster, you would get brain damage.Thanks, Mom.
- •I thought those Tweety Bird ice cream pops from the ice cream truck were the best ice cream ever.Just wait till you try Ben & Jerry's, baby Erin.
- •On the first day of Kindergarten, I was very disappointed to see no desks and no globe. I had memorized the "Molly Goes To School" set in the American Girl catalogue and really thought that's how school would be in real life.
- •I thought that the magazine clippings of angels that my mom hung on the wall were real, and that she was my actual, real life guardian angel.
- •I also thought that the devil my mom told me about was real, along with hell, and after she explained those concepts to me, I lived in terror of them both.#growingupChristian