ALAN RICKMAN'S GOODBYE LETTER TO HARRY POTTER
- •"I have just returned from the dubbing studio where I spoke into a microphone as Severus Snape for absolutely the last time.
- •On the screen were some flashback shots of Daniel, Emma and Rupert from ten years ago. They were 12.
- •I have also recently returned from New York, and while I was there, I saw Daniel singing and dancing (brilliantly) on Broadway.
- •A lifetime seems to have passed in minutes.
- •Three children have become adults since a phone call with Jo Rowling, containing one small clue, persuaded me that there was more to Snape than an unchanging costume, and that even though only three of the books were out at the time, she held the entire massive but delicate narrative in the surest hands.
- •It is an ancient need to be told stories. But the story needs a great storyteller.
- •Thanks for all of it, Jo."
- •Thanks for all of it, Alan.