REGRETS AND MISTAKES THEY ARE MEMORIES MADE
Times I made mistakes & learned from them 😇
- •When I was little my mom told me NOT to touch the hot iron but what did I do..I touched the hot iron with my whole Palm. Now I will never ever do that!!! Doiii Lesson learned: don't touch hot objects & listen to your mum.
- •Next time I am dared to ride down stairs on a bike I will refuse because MOTHER FUCKING OWW do not recommend. Lesson learned: don't do stupid dares to show off. Safety first!
- •I used to snowboard without a helmet but one time I was luckily wearing one, it was my first run of the season and I made it down the mountain and at the very end flipped in the air, landed on my head and split my helmet in half. Lesson learned: always wear a helmet, who cares if it's not "cool" I would probably have split my skull open.
- •I remember being bullied so I did that let me pick on someone smaller to feel some sort of coolness? Idk..she was a really sweet girl and I feel so bad about it to this day. My friends were worse to her than I was but that doesn't change anything.In 8th grade we took a class trip NYC and no one wanted to room with her so I told the teacher I wanted to room with her (with @christine) and since then I've always been extra nice to her. Lesson: do not bully under any circumstance! It's not cool to be mean. This seems like a no brainer but it wasn't in middle school.
- •Do not believe your friend solely because they are your friend, critically think about what they are saying. I blindly believed a friend about something, got hurt, got real mad and ended our friendship temporarily but it could've all been handled better. Lesson learned: think critically and communicate.
- •In Junior year of high school I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety and was not dealing with my life properly before. Went from an A student to a C student real quick. Lesson learned: don't be afraid to ask for help. If your family isn't providing good support be open with your school and try therapy. I was able to be put on an education plan
- •I've had some friends who have used me as their therapist where it got to the point I was constantly caring for them and ignoring my well being and school work. Definitley be there for your friends, but know there is a line that's okay to draw. Lesson learned: take care of yourself first and don't feel bad about it.
- •One of my parents is an alcoholic and it really sucked growing up. I didn't talk to anyone about it for a very long time. I should've gotten help earlier. I am not a huge drinker because of this. Lesson learned: learn from your parents mistakes and do not follow them. If you want/have children give them what could not be given to you.
- •When I was 17 I entered an abusive relationship with a guy a few years older than me. I was too in love and naive to understand. All my friends and family hated him. There were red flags I ignored because I wanted to be "understanding" of him.Lesson learned: do not blindly love someone and be aware of red flags. I let him control me for 3 years and the after effects are clear. If you're their only defender that's a clear sign. Please learn to take care of yourself and know how you should be treated. No excuses!
- •Friends will come and go. I lost my best friend of yearssss about two years ago. It still hurts but if someone doesn't want to be in your life, even if it's not really deserved, there's nothing you can do. Lesson learned: accept change and love those who love you. Don't waste time on people who don't care about you.
- •If you read this far thank you! I'd love to hear your own lists of life lessons 😊