TOP 5 MOVIES THAT SURPRISED ME WITH QUALITY
- •The LoftI underestimated the cast, who have mostly left me unimpressed before. I didn't expect this cast to be in a movie this good, and with a mystery this solid.
- •White House DownI thought this was going to be an unfunny comedy action, but instead it was a mildly funny straight-up action film. So much Die Hard in this film, like all the Die Hard films had a baby together.
- •A Nightmare on Elm StreetEmbarrassed to admit I had always thought this was a dumb slasher, but the blending of dream with reality really, really works.
- •A Walk Among the TombstonesLiam Neeson is not my favourite actor, and the recent Taken films didn't improve that. This movie, though, provides a nice sense of creepy and Neeson's performance ends up fine. Nothing amazing, but more satisfying than expected.
- •Sinister 2It's a sequel to a horror film. Enough said.