HOW MY PROFILE PIC CAME TO BE.
It's actually kind of a cool story! Emphasis on 'kind of'.. Maybe? I don't know. Here goes...
- •I was in a coffee shop in London, exploiting the free wifi, and researching a company for a dance audition I was doing later that week.
- •This guy came up to me (the photographer), very politely struck up a conversation and asked if I was a dancer.Nothing creepy here; he was an older man with a kind smile & vibe. And a legitimate business proposition. He checked out. All good!
- •He explained that he mostly took head shots for actors, but wanted to expand his portfolio. So he offered me a half price shoot for some head & action shots in exchange for the extra time and practice he would get!Head shots are damn expensive. So half price was an offer I couldn't refuse!
- •He gave me his card. I checked out his website and organised a shoot later that week!
- •Now, as he predominately worked with actors, I ended up with shots that, ummmm, aren't very conducive with the "I'm a confident & trustworthy dancer, please hire me" feeling I generally look for..Why so serious?
- •BUT, the other shots worked out extremely well, and I've been able to use them for over 2 years now!Because I haven't really changed my look/hair/anything physical.. And because he did a great job.
- •PLEASE HIRE ME! 🙋🏻
- •So I get to look off into the distance, poignantly, for a long, long time.
- •End of story. FINITO!
- •Thanks for the request @eetak! 👏🏻