Last Night I Dipped My Toe Back Into The Dating-World Pool.
And I'm bringing you along for the ride, obvs. Oh and Jimmy Fallon is helping me with this one.
- •So I just had a date with CCGC.If you'd like to catch up, check out the first instalment, there was an update: Inner Thoughts VS. Outer Facade Whilst In Conversation With Cute-Coffee-Guy-Crush.
- •It was my first good date in a really, really ridiculously long time.And by good date I mean.. I don't even know. Just zero awkwardness and this guy isn't a weirdo or completely disrespectful.
- •We kept it pretty casual with dinner and a movie.
- •He picked me up and met my little dog at the door.She's so cute. You can't not love her. She scores me points. Thanks, Rubix.
- •The night started with a shot of Cafe Patrón.Very unusual for me...
- •Then a bottle of wine.Regular. Nothing new here. Moving on.
- •Thai for dinner, he made a sneaky reservation, and did a sneaky pay.
- •Banter, banter, banter.Much banter. Much flow. Much charm on both sides.
- •He also knew one of the waiters there, and we got an off-the-menu entree, compliments of the chef.First time EVER in my life! I'm still unsure if this was set up beforehand but it was delicious & impressive & definitely scores points. Food always scores points.
- •But I payed for the movies to even things out.I believe my words were "Put that wallet away, mister!".
- •Movie was average. Electricity between arms touching on the seat dividers was very above average.
- •Walking in the rain to get to the car and not giving a damn.
- •Sharing music on the drive home.
- •At the end of the evening, at the point of the 'goodnights', I sent him home with a good goodnight.It was like whoah and phwoar all in one.
- •OOFT though. That was a good date.It's about time!
- •Props to you, CCGC.I might need to find a new anagram-ish name for him soon though..