THIS AFTERNOON WILL BE MY FIRST EVER DATE WITH A COMPLETE STRANGER.
And I'm not quite sure how to handle this newness in my life..
- •I've only ever dated people who were at least friends of friends or who I've met, then chatted with for a while before going out.
- •So this is a whole new thing for me.
- •And pretty damn scary.
- •I mean, what if he turns out to be some creepy weirdo?
- •But more importantly, what if he doesn't like dogs?
- •What if he has never watched The Office or Parks & Rec?
- •What are we supposed to talk about then?
- •I'm assuming he'll turn up on time..Because if he doesn't without a valid reason that's a big X.
- •We're meeting at a cafe near me.Public, casual, crowded place. For safety and general ice breakers. E.g "the coffee here is really good, so is the banana bread."
- •43% of me is nervous because I don't really go on a lot of dates.Only 2 in the past year.
- •47% is nervous because small talk is not my strong suit.See example above. ☝🏻️
- •And 10% is reminding myself that I'm an awesome lady who is interesting & smart & and worthwhile talking to if you have a general interest in fun facts, learning something new and philosophy.
- •So, please send good & calming vibes to quell the butterflies. 🙏🏻
- •I will probably write about it later, because this should be a pretty interesting experience whichever way it goes.And if it all goes horribly wrong, at least I'll have a good story to tell, right?
- •See you on the other side.