As a music nerd I was on YouTube all last weekend from 6:30 pm ET till when I couldn't keep my eyes open watching the live stream. I decided to keep track of general things I noticed and questions I genuinely would like answers to!
- 1.When will the EDM (Electronic Dance Music) fad be over? And how is this considered music?I will admit, The Chainsmokers are winning me over- I don't know how.
- 2.I've never wanted to ride a Ferris wheel until I saw the one at Coachella. I hate heights and any ride that can be put on a 16 wheeler flat bed truck.The view has to be crazy
- 3.Festivals "outfits", have became such a big business; the crazier the outfit the cooler it is. H&M has even put out a Coachella inspired line.
- 4.How many Festivals goers have actually heard of the Friday headliner LCD SoundSystem? Because I haven't.The band formed in New York in 2002 and has released 3 LPs.
- 5.The music and festival industry has been under fire lately due to the increase of drug use from attendees; drugs such as cocaine, MDMA, and Molly. The question being, what percent of festival goers are under the influence and who is making a shit ton of money in Indio, CA?
- 6.Do celebrities have the pay the outrageous $400+ ticket for the three days of music?Notable persons in attendance include: Taylor Swift, Mark Ronson, Justin Bieber, and Kylie Jenner.
- 7.To the elephant in the room... Kayne West... I'm getting sick of him. At Coachella, Kayne West performed with A$AP Rocky and Jack Ü.
- 8.Strangest band names: The Black Madonna, Miami Horror, Black Coffee, GoGo Penguin, Strangers You Know, and The Last Shadow PuppetsI could never come up with a cool band name. Photo is of Miami Horror
- 9.Number 9 can be applied to multiple settings, but when did giving the middle finger to the camera become "cool"? I noticed every time the camera panned over the audience you can guarantee some douche will be giving the camera (you) the finger.
- 10.Check out Coachella weekend 2 on YouTube!🎤🎧🎼🎷🎺🎸🎻🎹