[🎩] 6 STRATEGIES FOR WINNING MONOPOLY WITHOUT HIDING MONEY IN YOUR UNDERPANTS
By Natalie Fitzsimons, UK Monopoly Champion (Found at The Telegraph)
- •Avoid HotelsPlayers should never buy hotels, because "Once you've reached three houses, the amount that the rent increases with each house maxes out. If you want to be extra sneaky - stay on four houses and prevent people from buying houses later in the game once you've used them all up."
- •Buy and MortgageOnce players have all the cards in a particular set, they should mortgage all their other properties and spend their money on houses. "A monopoly with three houses on each square is far more valuable than lots of low-rent single property squares," she said. "[Mortgaging everything else] always feels a little like cheating, but I never know why other people don't do it."
- •Say No to Park PlaceDespite its high rent value, it is the least visited square on the board.
- •Go to JailIn the game's latter stages, the safest place to be is jail, because players are then less likely to land on properties with lots of houses. The much-prized Get Out of Jail Free card is better deployed early in the game.
- •Take the TrainsBegin the game by attempting to buy as many railway stations as possible, as they deliver a more constant level of revenue over the course of the game.
- •Avoid the Utilities"Electric Company and Water Works are basically useless and just like setting money on fire early."