The Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger Tea Recipe via The Chopra Center Cookbook by @DeepakChopra
- •Ginger is known as the universal medicine and can be found in regional cuisines worldwide.
- •Ginger tea has a strong cleansing effect on the body, helping to mobilize toxins and restore balance. Ginger tea benefits the digestive system and can help reduce cravings for sweet and salty items.
- •Ginger helps soothe and cleanse the respiratory tract, making it a valuable tea during cold and flu season.
- •It is recommended that you drink 2-3 cups of hot ginger tea a day. Make it a habit. For variety, try sweetening your tea with raw organic honey or adding chopped mint or lemon slices.
- •One Cup of Ginger Tea: Grate 1 heaping teaspoon of an unpeeled ginger root into a cup of hot water. Let the tea steep for 2 minutes. Strain or let the ginger settle to the bottom of the cup.