Things About the Two Next to Me as I Try to Eat a Quiet Meal and Write an Essay About Madonna
I had an idea for an essay about Madonna and my adoration of her. It actually came to me in a dream. And I believe In dreams. I just want to get some edits done. Then these two sit down.
- 1.She slept over his place. They met last night. Her hair looks really good.
- 2.He's from a foreign land. Like Portugal. Or Rio. Or Cleveland and has a lisp. I can't really tell.
- 3.He was cuter last night. For sure.
- 4.He's wearing expensive fashioney camo pants. They're a little too tight. We don't mind.
- 5.He has a sister that's "skinny like you except she works out a lot." And then... "Because she has a disease."
- 6.She got just plain scrambled eggs. And nothing else. Who does that? He ate the same as me. Except I finished all my toast and bacon. (Except for half a piece. As you well know.)
- 7.Something about potassium.
- 8.She lives across the street from me. She is vague about having a roommate.
- 9.The boots she wore last night/is wearing now are definitely not comfortable.
- 10.She's been heartbroken before. He's telling her it takes time.
- 11.He can get her a hook-up at Wage Works so she can get an even bigger discount on MetroCards!
- 12.He had 6 drinks in 5 hours last night.
- 13.He does not ride the metro on the weekend.