100 Years of Li.st (1982)
This is a do over. I didn't quite understand the directions.I was the co-founder of an AIDS ministry in CT. In the course of my life I have lost over 200 friends to AIDS. In 1982, AIDS got its current name. It was still not known if it was caused by a virus. What follows is a fictional account based on real life experiences. Thanks @jakebrandman
- •Went to another f'in funeral today.
- •10 funerals this month alone.John, Michael, Billy, Norman, Wayne, Donny, Frank, Thomas, Tommy, Kevin all in their late 20s early 30s.
- •No one is talking about this in the media
- •No one cares about what is happening to the queers.
- •I hear it might be spread by poppers.But Kevin didn't do that shit. Diagnosed two months ago with a rare pneumonia. Now he's gone. G-d dammit.
- •Some want to close down the Bath houses.We still have no proof this is sexually transmitted.
- •Going to go volunteer at Gay Men's Health CrisisIf we don't support one another who will?
- •They are calling it AIDS— Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome. Sounds like a diet candy.
- •Just heard that Bobby died an hour ago.I can't. I just can't.
- •When will this all stop? The grief is overwhelming.
- •Is that a spot on my leg?Oh shit.