THINGS I SAY REFLEXIVELY THAT I WISH I HADN'T
ranked in order of shame
- 1.I love UU is the name of a building where I work. I have said this to people, quickly followed by "haha the building of course, but you seem alright too." So funny, so casual. Internal facepalm.
- 2.NecessarilyRecently I said "that may not be necessary, necessarily" and instantly yearned to tumble to the floor as an invisible puddle, Amelie-style
- 3.So...Beginning of many a sentence when I am uncomfortable/my mind is blank. Usually when giving a presentation.
- 4.HypotheticallyMy way of trying to gently give an opinion. "Hypothetically, we could use a dropdown menu there instead of having all the buttons side-by-side."
- 5.That happens to me all the timeI'm trying to make you feel less like a weirdo by also admitting to experiencing whatever you just brought up but really that's probably happened to me once, maybe.
- 6.That makes senseI'm processing. It probably did make sense, but it's possible that it didn't.