6 Reasons Our LEAP jet engine stood out at Farnborough
Our LEAP engine caught eyes and ears at this year's Farnborough International Airshow. Read on to find out why.
- •A pair of LEAP-1B engines played a leading role in Boeing's debut of the brand-new 737-MAX, still in experimental phase and set to hit the market next year.
- •The engine's chevrons help it achieve dramatic reductions in engine noise.
- •The LEAP's fan blades, made from advanced composite materials, are as innovative as they are mesmerizing and help make the engine lighter.
- •The next-gen engine is the world's first made with 3D-printed fuel nozzles.
- •The dual LEAP engine setup aboard Boeing's 737 MAX will help the aviation leader's newest aircraft to be 15% more fuel-efficient.
- •In total, 565 LEAP engines were sold at the airshow, ringing in at $8.2 billion.