Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •What may feel uncomfortable for one person to talk about is a necessity for another. For those of us who identify as a person of color, we do not have the luxury of editing our skin tone to be more visually pleasing like the filters on Instagram.
- •I'm so tired of watering down my ethnic background for a single group of people who dictate the emotional and societal tone of a nation full of diversity... only to see my culture exploited by these same people for financial gain.
- •I refuse to live in world where Harambe the gorilla gets more acknowledgement, respect, and awareness than a young man or woman who is slaughtered by the very people who have sworn to protect and serve us.
She did it again...
- 1."Hello" is now making me miss that random handsome guy I bumped into four years ago ONCE at a Roberto's ; while on my lunch break
- 2.I am now about to eat my feelings
- 3.Im pretty sure my dog is sick of me horribly belting out this song all around my home... Oh yeah, the neighbors too.
These things can really just tick me off... But not really.
- •Opening a ranch packet and having it land everywhere but my curly fries
- •When my white laces get those dark rings around them when I tighten my high tops.
- •Not having enough powdered sugar on my funnel cake
These are some of my personal favorites...
- •"Live your own life, for you will die your own death." - Latin Proverb
- •"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -T.S. Eliot
- •"Be truthful, gentle, and fearless" -Gandhi
I wish this wasn't true & I was just a great story teller of the horror genre
- •"Wow, your English is perfect, why don't you have a Spanish accent?" Hmmmm... this could partially be because I am a 5th generation American and English is my primary language.
- •"You're so tall for an Asian." Dare I even say that people cross cultures all the time and sometimes fall in love and marry one other?
- •"You look so exotic." Ma'am/ Sir, may I remind you I am a person and not a piece of furniture from "The Orient" or "The Americas."
Love at first slice
- •Pizza Port- A pizza jewel of north county coastal communities and one of my favorite spots to have quality pizza, beer, wings, and convo. Not to mention some of their locations serve house made gelato. Did I mention they still have Crusin' USA for a quarter? This spot is near and dear to my carb/cheese loving heart
- •Bronx Pizza - The truest NY style thin crust pizza this side of the Mississippi. You can choose between 18 different types of sliced pies or have whole one baked for in house dining; take out is an option too. Thank you pizza gods for this gem!
- •Pizzeria Bruno- A Neapolitan style pizzeria in North Park SD that is home to VERY tasty pies. Everything is made with top tier ingredients in a wood fired oven. The classic Margherita is definitely one of my favorites to order, with buffalo mozzarella. Simply put, this spot is fantastico!
In no particular order
- 1.Can't hardly wait. Seth Green wearing those yellow goggles and trying to get some... Priceless.
- 2.Drive me Crazy. Melissa Joan Hart still proving that Clarissa does still explain it all.
- 3.Save the Last Dance- get your swirl on Julia Stiles
All truths, no lies.
- •Bill Murray
- •Louise from Teen Witch
- •The host of Supermarket Sweep