RACIST "COMPLIMENTS" I RECEIVE ALL THE TIME
I wish this wasn't true & I was just a great story teller of the horror genre
- •"Wow, your English is perfect, why don't you have a Spanish accent?" Hmmmm... this could partially be because I am a 5th generation American and English is my primary language.
- •"You're so tall for an Asian." Dare I even say that people cross cultures all the time and sometimes fall in love and marry one other?
- •"You look so exotic." Ma'am/ Sir, may I remind you I am a person and not a piece of furniture from "The Orient" or "The Americas."
- •"What are you?" "You don't look American, but you are." Hey guys, just pointing out that one, I am a human, two nationality & ethnicity are two entirely different things, and three don't ask me that again please?
- •"You're generous for an Asian girl." *** Por dios....***
- •"Wow, your Dad is so light, why are you so dark?" I'm quite proud to have olive toned skin, what bothers me is the tone and delivery that accompanies an ignorant statement like that one.
- •"You have such a diverse looking family, are you sure you're related?" *** mentally bangs head into a wall***
- •"Wow, you sounded white on the phone!" What does sounding white even sound like? ....Yo soy "confused" amigo.
- •In closing... "I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.