Shit that went down at my first job - short order cook, A&W, 1972
- •A tray of fried chicken fell on the floor, rolled under the warmer, was retrieved and sold.
- •A guy dropped a ladle in the chip frier and without thinking went for it. Hospital-burns. We didn't change the fat.
- •We knew people showing up at 3am were drunk so we'd eat the fourth quarter of their club sandwich and bury the rest in fries.
- •A shift was 8 hours (mostly 7pm-3pm for me), one 10 min break, net salary for a 40-hour week: $56. So we ate...everything.
- •I put on 50 lbs in one month.