What My Significant other learned on a trip to Iceland
Iceland is now (relatively) affordable. Go, but be advised...
- •Wow Airlines is okay, but $15 for a cup 'o ramen?! (Okay, it did come with a flavour pack.)
- •It costs. Everything. Big time.
- •Outdoor public pools are open - even when it's 8°C (about 47° F) outside.
- •No kleenex give aways, even at a boutique hotel. (Ten mini-packs at a grocery store: $12)
- •The people are magnificent, pretty much all speak English and help in any way they can.
- •They eat lots of licorice and some restaurants serve whale.
- •No McDonalds.
- •Wow flight attendants were so helpful, when the woman in the next seat took off her shoes, an attendant's seat was offered as refuge from the stench.