Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Is a single tity now i love it
This is a collection of recommendations from various corners of the internet. If you have any, add 'em!
- •Activated charcoalCharcoal is used in cases of serious alcohol (or other) poisoning. If you end up in a hospital, they'll make you drink this shit, but you can also buy your own activated charcoal pills as prevention. From TOTO @molls.
- •Pedialyte popsiclesThese are filled with electrolytes and nutrients to kick-start hydration. From @coketweet, I think.
- •KratomKratom is a plant, typically found in Southeast Asia, that has a similar mechanism of action to opioids. Depending on the strain, kratom can have very serious side effects from dizziness to hallucinations.
If you have a list that didn't get the audience it deserved, post it here! I'll/We'll read it. Don't be shy.
In recent years, the animated short has become the graphic novel of moving picture- tragically underrated and appealing only to select niches. Establishing characters, setting, and story using only visual cues and minimal dialouge is difficult enough without an extremely limited timeframe. In the spirit of appreciation, here are my favorites.
- •Father and Daughter, Michaël Dudok de WitThis heart-wrenching Dutch short has no dialogue and limited settings, instead using beautiful hand-drawn animations to develop the story. It's won an Oscar and over 20 other awards. It'll have you bawling and calling your parents. On Youtube.
- •World of Tomorrow, Dan HertzfeldtThis fascinating story about a little girl who is contacted by a future version of herself (literally) has won over 40 awards worldwide. The little girl was voiced by Winona, the director's niece, then only four years old. Because it was difficult to direct a toddler, nothing spoken by Winona was scripted. This short is like a technological Le Petit Prince. The incredible and unorthodox animation and dialogue weave together philosophy and humor in an unforgettable way. NETFLIX.
- •Johnny Express, Mofac & AlfredA tale of a lazy Space Delivery Man who always seems to get it wrong. Stunning visuals and use of dark humor. On Vimeo.
- •Just got back to the states today and this was waiting for me.Happy New Year, indeed!
- •Ooooh, what is it?
- •"...will blow your mind"/"mind blowing"
- •"...will restore your faith in humanity"
One shelf, two shelf, red shelf, blue shelf.
- •Bookshelves that only house Roald Dahl novels.
- •Bookshelves that automatically adjust the height of the shelves based on the book you're looking for.
- •Bookshelves with wet bars. (These shall be called "The Ernest Hemingways".)