This is a collection of recommendations from various corners of the internet. If you have any, add 'em!
- •Activated charcoalCharcoal is used in cases of serious alcohol (or other) poisoning. If you end up in a hospital, they'll make you drink this shit, but you can also buy your own activated charcoal pills as prevention. From TOTO @molls.
- •Pedialyte popsiclesThese are filled with electrolytes and nutrients to kick-start hydration. From @coketweet, I think.
- •KratomKratom is a plant, typically found in Southeast Asia, that has a similar mechanism of action to opioids. Depending on the strain, kratom can have very serious side effects from dizziness to hallucinations.
- •MagnesiumNot only does alcohol drastically increases the excretion rate of magnesium from the body, soda and other mixers also flush away the essential nutrient. Since many people have naturally occurring magnesium deficiencies, consuming alcohol can deplete a nutrient already at low levels. Along with having anti-inflammatory properties, magnesium regulates our electrolyte balance and ensures proper functioning of the heart and CNS.
- •Coconut waterDid you know coconut water has been successfully used intravenously to treat serious dehydration? It's not recommended as a replacement for regular IV solution, but it'll do in a pinch and it'll definitely work to replenish your body after a night of drinking.