OH the Places You'll Go
Just a little slice of the places I've been fortunate to visit. There's several places I can't/won't show for many reasons that were part of my deployments in the infantry.
- •This started my post chef career adventure. The words over that porthole ring true. Marines are a different sort.
- •Palermo, Sicily. So much good food and it was a magical place with such nice looking humans. Everyone we met could be in a movie or magazine.
- •A truly hidden place. Marmaris, Turkey was asleep until they saw our taxi cab (aircraft carrier) come into port, then the beer/booze started flowing. Great expat community here.
- •Petra, Jordan. Amazing!!! To think humans worked without modern tools, ladders, and scaffolding, speechless. Don't pay the gypsy's to ride camels, the walk isn't that bad.
- •Dubai, UAE. This place is nuts and makes our wealthy people in America look poor, very poor. People here were very nice to us.
- •Rota, Spain. Great expat community, love sangria, and was adopted by a retired Master Chief who took us in and made us feel at home.
- •Then there's this place. Specifically Al-Quaim. Um, the people that weren't trying to kill us were wonderful and I feel so sad that the sadist assholes of the world (ISIS) have taken over this place and probably killed all the wonderful people there.
- •The amazing band of brothers. 1st plt, 2/2 G company. Proud to have served with these fine men