Things That Make ME Uncomfortable
Sometimes life just provides us these moments...
- •When I'm watching comedians with my parents/in-laws and the subject matter is heavily detailed sexual situations..Watching Classic Robin Williams is funny, but not with your dad. Also, not a good idea with your father-in-law.
- •When I meet someone who tells me they were in the military, they tell me their MOS and then they find out I was infantry..
- •When I miss a key point of a conversation and can only smile and nod afterwards.
- •When I wave at people I think I know and then realize that wasn't them.
- •When I realize people I work with have no concept of my job
- •When people say politically correct things about me being a VeteranBut it's always nice to be thanked.
- •When people say strange shit to me like "oh you surely don't have the PTSD right?"..
- •When people ask if I've dealt with many suicidal people after learning I work in mental healthThis kind of question just doesn't need to be asked, EVER.
- •Asking me if I've killed people, you know, over there.First off, why do you have to ask this question, and second where the fuck is over there? Not like there's a floating map you can point to..not everyone has the luxury of being in shit hole countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, ok!
- •Realizing in a crowd of people in most bars where I live that I'm the only person who did life the non-traditional way.I live in a city with probably the highest amount of engineers per capita. So shit gets interesting when people get liquored up and they find out I was a chef and then became a Marinez
- •When people say silly shit like "I know what it's like to be deployed overseas, I was a camp counselor" or "I've done mission work."We don't need to compare stories. I gladly did my time in the Marines so let's just drop the wannabe tough guy act..