HOW TO COOK BEEF OLIVES IN THE SLOW-COOKER
Beef Olives are a Scottish thing... Steak wrapped around sausage meat or a mushroom concoction
- 1.Slice potatoes and carrots (about the thickness of a £1 coin).
- 2.Lay potatoes, carrots, a sliced onion and some mushrooms in your slow cooker.
- 3.Pour over 3/4 pint of beef stock, which has a teaspoon of mixed herbs stirred in too.
- 4.Coat the beef olives in flour and brown in a frying pan. Lay them on top of the veg.
- 5.Add a little flour to the pan, slowly add another 3/4 pint stock, mixing all the time. Add this mixture to the slow cooker.
- 6.Season to taste.
- 7.Set the slow cooker to medium and cook for at least 6 hours.