HOW TO COOK BEEF OLIVES IN THE SLOW-COOKER
Beef Olives are a Scottish thing... Steak wrapped around sausage meat or a mushroom concoction
- •Slice potatoes and carrots (about the thickness of a £1 coin).
- •Lay potatoes, carrots, a sliced onion and some mushrooms in your slow cooker.
- •Pour over 3/4 pint of beef stock, which has a teaspoon of mixed herbs stirred in too.
- •Coat the beef olives in flour and brown in a frying pan. Lay them on top of the veg.
- •Add a little flour to the pan, slowly add another 3/4 pint stock, mixing all the time. Add this mixture to the slow cooker.
- •Season to taste.
- •Set the slow cooker to medium and cook for at least 6 hours.