WHY ALASKA IS MY FAVORITE STATE
I've been to almost every US state and Alaska is definitely the best. When I'm trying to impress someone, I usually start listing off my facts about Alaska.
- •Alaska is fucking hugeMore than twice the size of Texas. Including the Aleutian Islands, Alaska stretches the distance between NY and SF.
- •Alaska has 3 million lakesMinnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes? That's cute.
- •Alaska has 100,000+ glaciers29,000 square miles are covered by glaciers.
- •Alaska was purchased for $7.2milThat's 2 cents per acre
- •Of the 20 tallest peaks in the U.S., 17 are in AlaskaDenali is the tallest at over 20,000 ft. It's the tallest mountain in the world if you measure from the base to the peak (18,000ft).
- •It's mostly emptyThe population density of Alaska is about 1 person per square mile
- •Eskimo OlympicsEvents include high-kicking and seeing how far you can pull your head back when there are rubber bands around your ears. No joke.
- •Including islands, Alaska has 33,000 miles of shorelineYea, I know