DVDs I Own That Probably Aren't in Many Collections 📀
Inspired by @roche
- •The Leningrad Cowboys Meet Moses (1994)Part of the Eclipse Leningrad Cowboys set. I've only seen it once, and it's unquestionably the worst movie in my collection that wasn't a gift. Oddly enough, I can't remember whether or not they do actually meet Moses.
- •Illusion Travels by Streetcar (1954)A Mexican comedy about a couple of guys who get drunk and steal a streetcar. You know, like you do.
- •The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)If you've ever wondered what it would be like if one of the world's greatest directors made a vampire comedy, this is that movie.
- •Robinson Crusoe (1952)"Aiyah! Friday beautiful god of war! Aiyah!" It's way edgier than it looks.
- •Gone to Earth (1950)A Powell & Pressburger film I wanted to see, and for some reason it was only available on a Korean DVD. It's good.
- •Il Bidone (1955)A Fellini film which nobody remembers but which I think is really good. I have a weakness for poison doughnut movies where it seems like the movie is going to be a conventional story but ends up being something else, usually something much more sinister.
- •The Saragossa Manuscript (1965)A crazy three-hour Polish movie that is completely fucked up and impossible to describe.
- •The Kingdom (1994)DANISH SCUM! A Danish miniseries about a haunted hospital, directed by Lars von Trier. It was later remade in the US. Does anybody know this? Anyone?
- •Dr. Mabuse der Spieler (1922)A two-part, four-and-half-hour silent film from Germany. There are car chases and exploding bombs and shootouts with the police and all manner of what-have-you. It's awesome.
- •Flash Gordon (1980)DISPATCH WAR ROCKET AJAX TO BRING BACK HIS BODY
- •The Big Bus (1976)Christmas present, 2016. A pre-Airplane! disaster movie spoof. Raise the flags of all nations!