I'm Lando Calrissian and Here's What I Believe
No just kidding it's Joe Gola. I like to think Lando would agree with some of this, though.
- •Meditation is a really good thing.I think the world would be a much better place if everyone meditated. I have no evidence to back that up, but that's why they call it believing.
- •Generosity is the key to good relationships.I need to work harder at this.
- •Social progress takes decades.Arguing with grown-ups is pointless. You win by teaching children.
- •People need nature around them.Make out with a tree, and I mean full tongue.
- •You can't fix other people – even the ones you love – but you can work on fixing yourself.If you're in the mood to fix things, I mean.
- •Salad dressing is unnecessary.
- •Playing games is an awesome way to spend time with people.Board games, card games, darts, dominoes, bocce, competitive squirrel tossing, whatever.
- •TV for comedy, movies for drama.Just my personal rule.
- •Big parties are a chore.For adults. Best party I ever went to had 10 or 12 people.
- •If it's not a close friend or family member, I'd rather go to a funeral than a wedding.Just because the music is always so loud at weddings and no one expects you to dance at a funeral.
- •The most important issue in U.S. politics today is the increasing power of the wealthy.Democrat, Republican, doesn't matter. Everything else can wait, because shit is getting scary.
- •Men: nobody cares about your opinions on feminism.Your opinion is irrelevant. This is something women need to work out for themselves. Don't jump on them every time some fringe wingnut says something dumb, that's not your problem to fix. Just be supportive and/or quiet.
- •Garlic and onion pizza is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.To paraphrase Benny Franklin.