My 10 Favorite Hitchcock Movies, Ranked
what else are lists for amirite
- •RebeccaHe has a little too much fun with the Mrs. Danvers character, which throws everything off kilter, but, still, a great movie.
- •FrenzyThe best of his later work, I think. Odd/interesting in that the main character isn't actually that likable — intentionally, maybe?
- •VertigoI used to think this was overrated, but over the years I've come to appreciate it. Another movie with a fishy main character.
- •The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)Almost like an early Fritz Lang movie.
- •Rear WindowYou know you've had a pretty kick-ass film career when some internet dork lists this as your sixth-best movie. I don't understand what Grace Kelly's character sees in Scotty, though. Honey, you can do better!
- •The Lady VanishesIf I had been alive at the time, I would have sent Margaret Lockwood so many creepy love letters there would have been a restraining order.
- •North by NorthwestI once met a grown man who had never seen this movie and all could think was what a sad, empty life he must lead.
- •Shadow of a DoubtSinister realism invades dorky Hollywood small-town kitsch and slaps it in the face. It's sneaky and evil and I love it.
- •PsychoStill one of the scariest movies ever made. Unfortunately it became such a part of our general cultural knowledge that even someone who's never seen it probably already knows all the surprises.
- •The BirdsStarts off with a meet cute between handsome Rod Taylor and hottie Tippi Hedren. Sparks fly! She drives out to Bodega Bay to teach him a lesson, and romance ensues. What could go wrong? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG