The world is ending when summer's over so this is my APOCALYST™
I decided that if the summer ended without my doing anything memorable, it would be the equivalent of a global or at least a local apocalypse.
- •So here's the silly fantasy I've had running through my head for years:
- •(don't laugh)
- •I rent a house for a week up north in the trees and near some water**How "up north" depends on time or energy; could be a couple of counties away, could be a couple of states away)
- •Rustic, in the woods, with patio. Maybe a lake or a creek just behind, with the hills beyond.
- •Spend part of the week by myself writing and meditating
- •Spend part of it with one or two close friends fishing and hiking.
- •On the weekend a nice gathering of 8 or 10 people for grilling, exhibitions of athletics and skill (e.g. badminton, darts, Möllky and crokinole), maximum bonhomie, and, most importantly, board games
- •Imperial 2030, perhaps? Princes of the Renaissance? Clash of the Gladiators tournament? Who knows?
- •Oh, and I'll bring the turntable and $20 worth of dollar bin records.Olivia Newton John? Pat Benatar? Lionel Richie? Maybe I'll get lucky and find some Herb Alpert
- •shut up you love it