THINGS I LEARNED WHILE SELLING CUPCAKES AT THE FARMERS MARKET
Inspired by @serenity5x5. I was out of ideas and I really liked her title.
- •No such thing as too much buttercream frosting.My buttercream frosting slip 'n' slide proves it.
- •People are weird about chocolate.One lady just rubbed the cupcake on her face and moaned like a savage.
- •Carrot cake cupcake = okay, radish cake cupcake = no good.They're both root vegetables, why you gotta be fussy?
- •Watch out for dogs.They will eat your cupcakes and not pay.
- •You cannot buy a farmer at the farmer's market.They have principles.
- •You can build your mystique by having one $40 cupcake.When people ask you what's in it just drape a piece of velvet over the lucite case and ask them to move along.
- •Signage is important.Apparently "no parking" signs apply to cupcake wagons too.
- •The American Civil War had many complex causes in addition to slavery.I was catching up on some reading.
- •Some people are allergic to bananas.It's fine, she had an epi-pen.
- •Where babies come from.I sold a cupcake to an obstetrician and we got to chatting.
- •Cater to hipsters.Organic chard and locally sourced sawdust cupcakes will put a spring in their step and give them a bowel movement they'll never forget.
- •Don't accept British pounds.I don't really understand foreign exchange rates, all I know is I took a bath on that one.
- •@serenity5x5 is a good sport?Hopefully? Buy her cupcakes you cheapskate, she worked really hard on them.