Fun in Idyllwild, Pt 1
@dev and I are big into roadtrips (if you hadn't already gathered). This weekend, we're in Idyllwild.
- •We drove out of the desert and up the mountain, where it gradually became foggy and dark. Then, it began to rain (this is my favorite kind of weather).
- •We hiked Deer Springs. It was drizzling. I was into it.(Check out my rad new hiking boots. Thx CA.)
- •The pine cones were enormous!
- •There are some very worthy climbing trees on this hike!
- •There were also these amazing gray trees covered in red, hard, shiny alien flesh.Anyone know what this is about?
- •Close up on the alien redness:
- •We ate dinner at IDYology, a restaurant that 100% felt like it belonged in Twin Peaks. Possibly the front (legit) area of One Eyed Jacks.Lots of red lighting and velvet and fire WALK WITH ME.
- •Tomorrow, we hit the PCT!