How I Spent My 30th Birthday
Or as I prefer it, my 29+th birthday
- •Received loads of lovely emails, texts and messages.Thanks to everyone! So sweet! Am not worthy!
- •Left our beautiful hotel in Astoria, OR and drove south to Cannon Beach.Guys, go stay at the Cannery Pier Hotel. Seriously. Just delightful. It's situated on a dock and the views of the Columbia River are spectacular. Also, I had my first bubble bath since moving to the west coast. I enjoyed it with a shower cap and my first Sue Grafton novel YOU CAN'T TOP THIS COZY. There was also a cocktail hour and many fireplaces. Do it.
- •We passed road kill in the form of a DEAD ELK.Hello, pnw. Biggest road kill I've ever seen.
- •We visited the wreck of the Peter Iredale @ Fort Stevens State ParkWreck was underwhelming (I said it) but the park itself was gorgeous. Go to the point where the Pacific and the Columbia River meet. Amazing.
- •We drove into Cannon Beach, which is DELIGHTFUL af.If you like cedar shingles (which I do) this is your place. We visited Haystack Rock, as you're supposed to, and enjoyed the gloom.
- •We ate lunch at Cannon Beach HardwareHardware store turned pub. As chill and funkadelic as it sounds.
- •And then went to Ecola State ParkOne of the prettiest parks I have EVER BEEN TO NO JOKE GO NOW. It's falling apart because of erosion, so hit it before it's gone.
- •We watched my screener of JOYJennifer Lawrence is a queen and David O. Russell knows how to showcase it. Also, feminism.
- •We drank the champagne the @fats sent us yesterday to celebrate.Yummy! Thanks Clox!
- •Then dinner at Irish TableDuring the day, a coffee shop. At night, a high end Irish pub. I am loving these places that are one thing and also a pub!
- •And now, The Big Short.
- •In other words, a lovely time. I feel fortified for year 29+!