LA Hikes: Waterfall Edition
The idea of taking a dip in the middle of a summer hike sounds incredible. Haven't done any of these yet to vouch, but will!
- •Solstice Canyon6 miles/3.2miles. Shaded. You pass a waterfall and the "oldest still-standing building in Malibu, and the ruins of a burned down mansion."
- •Malibu Creek8 miles. Streams. MASH set pieces. Swimming-worthy.
- •Santa Anita Canyon9.1 miles. Stream crossings. 50ft waterfall. Forests. Kinda crowded on weekends though.
- •Bridge to Nowhere10 mile roundtrip hike where you have to cross a shallow river at several points. At the end, you come to an abandoned bridge in the middle of nowhere that's a hot bungee jumping spot.
- •Los Penasquitos Canyon6.1 mile out and back. Super easy. Has some oak tree canopy. Follows a creek you'll have to cross a few times.
- •Sturtevant Falls, Angeles ForestSuggested by @film114