Movies Through Which I Have Cried Hysterically
I will break out into hysterics at the end of any manipulative trailer or commercial, for context. You will note none of these are serious dramas, bc I don't even try to make it through those anymore.
- •Wall-EI saw this in theaters ALONE ON VALENTINE'S DAY. So... primed.
- •InterstellarThis was a polarizing movie, for sure (I'm looking at you @bjnovak) but I bawled so hard in the theater I out-wailed the baby two seats away.
- •Mrs. DoubtfireAs a kid, this was a fun movie about a dad who dresses up and does great impressions. AS AN ADULT WITH ABANDONMENT ISSUES THIS IS A MASSACRE. He goes so far just to spend a little time with his kids. And they're going to have to go through so much therapy.
- •The HelpAll I need is Viola Davis's VO to play and I'm gone. @dev will try and change the channel to stop the wailing, but I won't let him. Once you're in it, the only way out is through, amiright?
- •World War ZI was in a state of panicked hysterics through the ENTIRE film. It hit something super deep and real in me. I can't explain it. But I can say I had to take three breaks throughout to get through it. Sometimes a movie needs a mad rewrite in the middle of production. Sometimes it's worth the gamble.
- •Saving Mr. BanksOne flight to LA. Two wines. One very concerned flight attendant. (BJ was great, though!)
- •Toy StoryOh hey abandonment issues.
- •UpThose first ten minutes are devastation. Not even a talking dog can make you feel whole afterward.
- •Family StoneI love this movie. It and 50/50 are the only movies involving cancer I will watch (mama knows what she can handle). But it FUCKS MY SHIT UP.
- •The JudgeI watched this, unaware of what I was getting myself into. If I could, I would euthanize this movie. Fuck this movie.
- •Marley and MeSuggested by @lspencer