My Favorite Pre-room/lunch Break Spotify Choices
Being in a room with a pack of other people all day hits some of my anxiety triggers (but I also love it! Fuck the conditioning of only child-life). Here are the tunes that help chill me out.
- •Acoustic Blues stationThis playlist is perfect. Twangy guitars and raspy voices.
- •Cole Porter's radio stationCharming as fuck.
- •Jazz for Autumn stationLyric free, uber chill jazz that reminds me of autumn Sunday drives scored by npr.
- •Simon & Garfunkel's radio stationBecause I want to live in a Falling Water-esque house, and this is what I imagine I'd play on a casual weeknight there. Maybe with some wine. A fire in the fireplace. Toes dipping into the dark stream.
- •Smoky Supper Club stationChet Baker, Coltrane, Shirley Horn. You'll want a scotch and a dark, corner table somewhere. And you pick at the weathered varnish in between sets.
- •Gypsy Swing stationGypsy jazz. Makes me feel like I'm at the start of a Woody Allen romp.
- •Joni Mitchell's BlueBecause obviously.