Observations From the Mptf in Woodland Hills
The motion picture & tv fund is a series of UCLA affiliated clinics that service only people in the industry. I am currently sitting at the one in Woodland Hills. It's a little after 9am.
- •Every CBS long running series is represented here right now, as evidence by various baseball hats. NCIS gets double bonus points.
- •I've never seen so many people reading books in a waiting room.
- •I've never seen so many people in one space reading library books. Libraries included.
- •I want to know what everyone doeeesss. There are some good Nash Bridges stories in this room. I feel it.
- •Someone just came out and angrily yelled, "I hope some of you are here to see Dr. Michaels...." Then, with a bright smile, "He's great!" Dude then dropped the mic and walked out of the clinic, with everyone laughing behind him. Oh, old hams.
- •I'm surrounded by black and white pictures of old Hollywood stars from the 30s-60s. And then there's one of George Clooney (who I'm guessing donated a lot of $). It's black and white and trying to look arty but I KNOW it's from One Fine Day, the seminal Michelle Pfeiffer romcom.
- •Someone named VELVET just got called in to see the doc. Yaaaaasss old Asian lady qweeen in your velour track suit.