Quotes I Underlined From Issac Asimov's Foundation
- •...he was always there, watching the hard brilliance of the stars, enjoying the incredible hazy swarm of a star cluster,...like a giant conglomeration of fireflies caught in mid-motion and stilled forever.
- •If you're born in a cubicle and grow up in a corridor, and work in a cell, and vacation in a crowded sun-room, then......coming up into the open with nothing but sky over you might just give you a nervous breakdown.
- •Now any dogma, based primarily on faith and emotionalism, is a dangerous weapon to use on others, since it......is almost impossible to guarantee that the weapon will never be turned on the user.
- •The temptation was great to muster what force we could and put up a fight. It's the easiest way out, and......the most satisfactory to self-respect--but, nearly invariably, the stupidest.
- •"It lacks glamour?""It lacks mob emotion-appeal." "Same thing."
- •The fall of Empire, gentlemen, is a massive thing, however, and not easily fought. It is dictated by......a rising bureaucracy, a receding initiative, a freezing of caste, a damming of curiosity—a hundred other factors. It has been going on, as I have said, for centuries, and it is too majestic and massive a movement to stop.