Ways to Get Through a Topanga Power Outage
It feels like for weeks the power has been out at least one day per weekend. This is not actually true, but almost. Here's how Dev and I handle it.
- •MonopolyThis is literally ALL we do in a power outage, honestly.
- •If it's not too hot, hike.
- •If it's hot, stand up paddle board.
- •Work at Abuelitas. They'll have cell service and chips and salsa.
- •Get a library card at the Topanga Public LibraryYou can rent audiobooks via an app! We live in the future!
- •Make @dev make you a pimm's cup
- •Go to an open house.Other areas have electricity. Bask in their air conditioning.
- •Grab another cocktail and watch sports in Calabasas at Pedaler's ForkAlso get the fried egg sandwich! Or anything. It's all delicious.
- •Finish that book you kept meaning to finish. Do it outside.
- •Enjoy the quiet and peace! Connect with your spouse and yourself! Remember what life was like before wifi.