When I Like My Job, I...
(Or why I haven't made a list in two weeks.)
- •Have anxiety dreams in which I'm pitching on topics we plan to discuss the next day.Attempt to remember them, fail, convince self they were probably incoherent anyway.
- •Wake up before 7 bc of said anxiety dreams.
- •Leave for work 2 hrs early.Bc fuck it, I'm up and my brain is clear. If I stayed home I'd just watch more Face Off on SyFy on demand anyway. May as well get prep work done.
- •Listen to podcasts relevant to work while stuck in traffic.Acknowledge the useful info will only stay in my head for a period of 48 hrs. Hope something adjacent will be brought up in the room so I can reference them during that window.
- •Eat lessBc my brain is thinking about other things.
- •Eat worseBc I'm tired and there are now DOUBLE STUF OREOS and HOHOS in the kitchen!
- •Come home an exhausted lump with brains melting out of my ears@dev feeds and cuddles. I am largely nonverbal by this point.
- •Go to sleep before 10.Sounds coming out of my body have devolved to grunts and fussy whines. Am less thinking person and more jellyfish.