Why I'm Falling in Love With My New Street
@dev and I just moved to a new block in Topanga. It's pretty delightful, in a quirky af, country-living kind of way.
- •We live on a quiet dirt road.Hard to drive on, but so charming.
- •There are wild peacocks.We first learned about them when we saw one standing all casual on someone's roof. Their cawing sounds like a really whiny meow.
- •The street is lined with horse corrals, and people ride along the road and into...
- •The two quiet trails that lead to two separate parks on either end of the neighborhood.I can walk to Eagle Rock right out my front door!
- •There's a nearby freshwater pond and underground freshwater streams.Tiny frogs!
- •The melodic sound of frogs croaking along the creek.
- •We're now within biking distance to two delicious Topanga cafes.
- •It smells like firewood.
- •Our neighbors have been kind and quiet and kooky.
- •Dirt bikes and atvs. On the trail nearest us someone has even set up some jumps! So fun to watch.
- •Never going back to city life.