Spend This Thanksgiving With Your HBO Family 🦃
The HBO family includes a variety of characters, and this season is a perfect time to get to know them -- you may even recognize a few types from your own dinner table.
- •The Overprotective Father: Tony Soprano, The SopranosThis is definitely the guy you want at the head of your table.
- •The “Perfect” Housewife: Ruth Fisher, Six Feet UnderJust don’t be surprised if she starts talking about intimacy over dinner.
- •The Cantankerous Grandparent: Larry David, Curb Your EnthusiasmIf you can’t find him, look in the den; chances are he’s there watching TV and ignoring the rest of you.
- •The Geeky Older Brother: Dinesh, Silicon ValleyAt least you’ll have reliable tech support when your computer crashes.
- •The Fun Aunt: Valerie Cherish, The ComebackShe was probably the first relative to hand you a drink at one of these holidays.
- •The Offensive Uncle: Neal Gamby, Vice PrincipalsThis guy will try to keep track of the kids — and say a few words you wish they hadn’t heard.
- •The Nervous New Girlfriend: Issa Rae, InsecureShe’s new to the family, and may spend a lot of time psyching herself up in the bathroom mirror, but you couldn’t imagine the group without her.