HOW TO MAKE TAPATIO HOT WINGS
Lets take it back for a moment. Back when @bobbyhundreds collaborated with Tapatio and eventually gave us all some great side collaborations. This one being a recipe developed by Free Range LA using Tapatio. Enjoy!
- •Ingredients1 Cup of Sugar, 1/2 Cup of Butter, 1/2 White Onion for Garnish (minced), 4 Tablespoons of Cilantro for Garnish (minced), 1/2 Cup of Tapatío Hot Sauce, 1 lb. Chicken Wings, Tempura Mix, 2 Sliced Limes, Sliced Cucumber, Canola Oil, Salt for seasoning, Pepper for seasoning.
- •Step 1:Pour 1 cup of sugar into sauce pan at medium heat until the sugar melts and turns a light brown. Add in 1/2 cup of butter and stir for a minute or until melted. Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of Tapatío!
- •Step 2:Make sure to properly season your wings with salt and pepper before giving them a dredge in the tempura mix.
- •Step 3:With the deep fryer ready at 350 degrees with canola oil, give your wings a nice hot bath for 7 minutes, until golden brown and crisp!
- •Step 4:Once the wings are out of the fryer, bring your sauce to a medium heat to loosen thickness, then give those wings the coating they deserve.
- •Step 5:At this point, the hard part is all but over. Whip our your sharpest knife and give the cilantro and onions a good mincing. You’ll also want to slice your limes and cucumber.
- •Step 6:After placing your now deliciously glazed wings on the fanciest plate you own, all you need to do is garnish with some of those onions and cilantro, along with a fresh squeeze of lime for an acidic finish.