THINGS MY FATHER AND FATHER IMAGES SAID TO ME
- •When my father was in his death bed, at age 97, he saw me reading the obits, and asked if he was in there.
- •When I was in high school and trying to decide between a basketball and a football scholarship, my basketball coach said football is a great game, but the ball bounces funny
- •After reaching puberty, my uncle told me to never go to bed without my socks on.
- •Same uncle told me when you stop looking you stop living.
- •My high school football coach told us girls would ruin us.
- •My freshman college basketball coach told me I could screw up Adolph Rupp's team. I asked him who's Adolph Rupp?