Influential things of my childhood that made me who I am today
In no particular order. Pop culture consumes my life.
- •The Muppets"It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights". Thanks Mom & Dad.
- •Sailor MoonComing home every day from school to watch this show brought me so much happiness. And it still does. Moon prism power, indeed.
- •The Little House seriesReading my mom's old copies of these books will always be so sentimental to me. I was constantly putting myself into the adventures with Laura Ingalls Wilder & Co.
- •S Club 7My love of British pop music started early and never went away. To this day I can still belt out every S Club song by heart.
- •Harry Potter seriesThe magic of reading.
- •Lord of the Rings trilogyThe magic of movies.
- •Mary Kate & Ashley OlsenPassport to Paris, Our Lips Are Sealed, Winning London. Need I say more?
- •McFly"All About You" will never not be my favorite love song. And Tom Fletcher is still the best human.
- •Disney ChannelI'm looking at you Hannah Montana & High School Musical.
- •The KillersI remember being 13 and losing my mind over Hot Fuss and every album since then....
- •Duke basketballVery serious business in my household.
- •Little WomenI have FIVE different copies of this book and the 1994 film is one of my all time favorite movies. I am a total Amy and proud of it.
- •Gilmore GirlsNo list about my childhood influences would be complete without the mother of them all. I could go on and on about how much this show has molded me into who I am. I sometimes feel like I've learned more from Gilmore than I have almost anything in life. Pop culture references and witty banter galore, this show was a warm blanket of comfort for me during my teenage years. Not to get too soppy but Stars Hollow will always feel like home.