Already on li.st? Open in app.
Hmmm, sound familiar @quixotic? 😉
- •Kitsey call outs from Siri
- •Affectionate acrostics
- •Talking fearlessly in totality
It's been one heck of a week, filled with undoubtably down downs and unparalleled uplifting ups. This is for you special one. 💜
- •Hemlock and Honey.
- •Sinister and saccharine
- •To which would a worldly wanderer prescribe them?
Four hours of sleep, crippling sadness, thousand yard stares, and a few drives later...
- •"When they turn the pages of history When these days have passed long ago Will they read of us with sadness For the seeds that we let grow? We turned our gaze From the castles in the distance Eyes cast down On the path of least resistance"
- •"Cities full of hatred Fear and lies Withered hearts And cruel, tormented eyes Scheming demons Dressed in kingly guise Beating down the multitude And scoffing at the wise"
- •"The hypocrites are slandering The sacred halls of truth Ancient nobles showering Their bitterness on youth Can't we find The minds that made us strong? Oh can't we learn To feel what's right and what's wrong? What's wrong"
"Ash seeketh ember."
- •Caustic collisions of the disaster of me left at the end rampage against the brilliance of me forever living in the sunlight.
- •I see the dream, but am I enough to sustain it?
- •She lives in a capricious world and I love her in it.She dreams of the moon and I want to love her beyond it.
- •A boy sits alone under a grim twilight he calls his own. A quiet anxiety that had once teased the senses of his happiness has now become a thunderous fanfare of despair.
- •"Misery is life, and life is full of misery," he thinks to himself.
- •Hope is seldom a feeling that decides to grace him with her presence in these days. Surrounded by tainted memories of what should have never been, a boy sits in them.
Here we are, the morning after the big election, the collective hangover of the country can be felt through all the treads of social media with everyone asking: what the hell happened last night?
- •I'll tell you what happened.
- •We elected this man.
This is for you, special one. 🐱
- •Serendipitous sanctums of soliloquy stare starbound into my soul.
- •A glowing green gaze of glee galavants gloriously in my head.
- •She whispers welcomingly while watching through her windows.
It's been five years since the initial release of the critical darling, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, a entry into the series that, to be honest, I didn't find all that appealing, but regardless of the opinion, albeit an unpopular one, I have towards the game, tonight marks the return of the land of Skyrim, and the return of old memories.
- •The year was 2011, I was a sophomore in high school, and before Skyrim came out, I was still hot off the heels of Bethesda's previous entry, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The Elder Scrolls as a series was, and still is, beloved by all people: casuals, women, man-children like myself, some of my teachers in high school, legitimatelyI did not see my AP English teacher for a few days after it came out, and so on and so on. The point being is that within these games, there is this level of shared wonder that encompasses and breaks all social barriers thought to limit people from enjoying the medium. Wondrous it truly is too to see everyone talking of dragons and gouls, dungeons and gold, adventure and mystery, all without judgment or discrimination. It's a time to be alive.
- •So, one can imagine, to no surprise, the excitement and hype that swirled within the collective consciousness of the gaming community, and myself, when a year before, Bethesda announced that indeed all of our waiting had paid off since the 2005 release of Oblivion and we could finally return the continent of Tamriel. However, instead of theplainness and order of Cyrodiil, the imperial homeland, Skyrim offered us a chance to experience something beyond the sights of the Imperial City and the marshes of Morrowind. Nordic architecture, the graceful dragons that breezed through the skies, bellowing wintery mountain tops wrought with adventure, deep desolated dwarven ruins shrouded in mystery, and most importantly, an updated graphics engine for the time.
I don't know what I would have done without you, beautiful girl. This is for you @quixotic
- •I opened my eyes, and they were bleary.
- •I felt my soul, and it was weary.
- •Stumbling and bumbling throughout the day.
So, here we are, at the end of the world.
- •I lost something dear to me today.
- •Brightened eyes.
- •Of hope wishing to stay.