5 THINGS SCHOOLS HAVE TOLD US ABOUT HEALTHY KIDS
Kids who eat healthier and move more perform better in school. Studies have shown this but so have school leaders who work with students every day. These are some of their results. http://bit.ly/1yNuXbI
- 1.Active Kids Have Active Brains. Physical activity has both immediate and long-term benefits on academic performance.
- 2.More Health = Less Referrals. Schools that have increase nutrition and physical activity have seen a drop in discipline referrals.
- 3.Higher Test Scores. After implementing more physical activity throughout the school day, schools had seen increase test scores from active students.
- 4.Higher Attendance. Serving healthier foods supports healthier students. Healthier students have fewer sick days and attend more school.
- 5.Nutritious Snacks Help Kids Focus. Students consume snacks and beverages at many different times throughout the school day. These snacks can complement learning in the classroom by giving students nutritious boosts of energy rather than empty calories. http://bit.ly/1yNuXbI