15 THINGS I'M GOOD AT
Inspired by @shanaz and others
- 1.TeachingI have a natural gift for teaching that makes me happier than almost everything else
- 2.Finding the positive or good in every situationI am the eternal optimist except when I am depressed
- 3.Sensing the feelings of othersI am very sensitive and perceptive about people and have been since I was a child. I might even be an empath
- 4.Caring for the sick and injuredBecause I have a great deal of empathy I am very good at sensing what people need and providing it for them
- 5.Advocating for the weak or those without or with little voiceI am willing to speak up to help others when they seem to be struggling to to speak for themselves
- 6.Helping people with life transitionsAs a nurse and respiratory therapist I was really good at helping patients and families when a loved one was dying or when a baby or multiple babies were being born
- 7.ScrapbookingBefore I became disabled I made some beautiful scrapbooks of trips that I went on with my husband or family visits from our daughter, her husband and her beautiful babies
- 8.TalkingIf you don't believe me, just ask my husband!
- 9.ListeningAlthough I can improve here, and I believe we all can, I am pretty good at just being present, letting someone speak when they want to, and not jumping in to advise them or offer up opinions
- 10.OrganizingEvery nurse has at least some OCD characteristics and I fit the mold
- 11.Public speakingAs long as I know the subject, I can get up and speak extemporaneously about almost anything to any kind of audience without any nervousness. Even without any preparation the audience will like it. It's just a skill and I'm good at it.
- 12.Entertaining childrenI don't juggle or anything like that but I love kids and somehow they know that. I make up games and stories and play with kids in a manner that they open up to. They have fun with me!
- 13.Not taking things personallyNow this is a work in progress, and I still need to improve here, but I am much better at letting things roll off my back than I used to be. I recognize that it's not all about me.
- 14.Being a studentI was a college student part time for 10 years and full time for four years. I can whip out a 15-page research paper over the weekend. I can put together a one hour class on a subject I am familiar with in about three hours. I honestly cannot remember ever failing a test in college. I can't remember ever getting a grade other than an A on a paper.
- 15.Picking out clothes for my 13-year-old granddaughterIt's hard to believe but my granddaughter actually said I have a better sense of style and what clothes look good on her than she does!