Advice from an older person to younger people
- •You must love yourself to be loved by others.
- •You will never be more beautiful than you are now. Enjoy it.
- •Others will not change to please you. Not now. Not ever. If you don't like them as they are now you should move on.
- •When others hurt your feelings stop first to reflect on your own role in the situation before blaming them.
- •What others say about you reveals more about them than it does about you.
- •Don't believe the labels people gave you or the "lies" they told you growing up. Just because people (family, friends, teachers, etc.) said you were average, excellent, stupid, fat, lazy, good, etc. does not mean it is true. Allow your true self to emerge.
- •Assume nothing.
- •Do not start, join in, or pass on gossip.
- •Never hit "send" without reviewing what you wrote and who you are sending it to.