ALLOW ME TO LISTRODUCE™ MYSELF
Inspired by @tweedledee
- •My name is Susan
- •I am retired as a result of disability. I can't walk very far or stand very long. And there is seemingly endless pain. I'm struggling with accepting this.
- •I love "school" (aka learning) and have five college degrees. Now I mostly learn from other peopleTwo associate, one bachelor, two masters. Lots of certifications, etc. I am very good at tests, can knock out a 20-page report over the weekend, and put together one-hour presentations in 15 minutes. These skills have little use outside of school.
- •I don't want to be book-smart but lacking in common sense and down-to-earthiness.I don't think I am lacking those but do occasionally wander into academic discussion.
- •I love to read. I'll read most anything. Too bad I can't remember it!Sadly my recall has slipped away as I have aged and been impacted by chronic illness. I still read but now I don't remember it!
- •I love to travel. Have been enjoying this especially now that I can't work.I have discovered cruises are excellent for the disabled and many offer accessible excursions.
- •I love fresh air and sunshine.It heightens my sense of insignificance. I live on the high plains of Colorado where the view is endless in every direction except west where the Rocky Mountains rise majestically. I am in a suburb yet it feels spacious. I grew up in urban NJ where I never really saw more than my immediate surroundings unless we were down at the shore.
- •I have a wonderful familyI am not writing about them.