In touch with my inner child.
Inspired by @elmospimpingme Things I still love from when I was a child
- •Baking Christmas cookiesLast year I struggled to bake them. I used to make multiple batches of 7 different kinds, but I could only make 2 batches of 2 kinds last year and it was really difficult. I hope to make 2 batches of 1 kind next year.
- •Root beer floatsWe used to get them from the soda fountain near my church growing up. It was called Ikey's and had the classic red leather stools and it was really small, maybe 4 or 5 stools at the counter. Ikey's also sold magazines, comic books, candy, and cigarettes.
- •SnowmenI have always loved making them. I last made one with my grandchildren about 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe I'll make a small one on the back porch this winter! If I do, I hope I remember to take a picture to share.
- •SwingsPorch swings are great, and our daughter has one. But the swings I really love are the kind you pump yourself. I still did this with my grandkids in the little park near our townhouse each spring or summer up until my disability three years ago. We don't live there anymore and I doubt that I could pump a swing and hold myself upright on one anymore either, but the memories are fresh!
- •Movies in the theater with popcornWe often wait to see movies until we can rent them or see them free at home with our various sources (Cable premium channels, Netflix, Amazon, etc.) because of the convenience and cost savings, but there's nothing like the big screen! You can multiply your fun if you watch it in a NYC theater. The last movie we saw there was Rambo. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼