Li.sts and Li.st Characteristics I Don't Care For that Much
But all lists have merit! This is an opinion piece so please disagree as you wish!
- •Li.sts with pop-culture references I don't get are difficult for meBecause I am the Old Lady of Li.st and I'm out of touch with TV, music, movies, etc. they remind me of how quickly time is moving now and I feel left behind. But Li.st is helping me catch up a bit. 😍
- •All-gif listsI like gifs but also I like some original writing by the list author. So if the whole list is gifs I feel a little let down. Probably related to #1 and not getting some of them tbh.
- •Really long listsBecause I have lost ability to focus that long, long lists lose me along the way. But I know some of my own lists have been too long!
- •Actual lists - You know like groceries or to-doGreat for you but not so much for me
- •Lists full of unnecessary profanityI'm not above the use of cusses but sometimes it's way over-the-top. Lately it seems a little better though.
- •Lists with too many linksI'm easily confused and can get lost in the links. I am also easily distracted so too many links take me off on a sidebar and sometimes I never get back to the original list!
- •One-item lists or wordless listsWhen I open them I always feel a little let down like – "Oh, is that all there is?" Although there have been a few where only one item was perfect!
- •Lists clearly directed to just one or two people or a cliqueSeems like direct messaging might be a better medium to use. When I read these I feel like I'm eavesdropping on someone else's private conversation
- •Lists with mean content or commentsNo need to hurt others. We should be kind. Enough said.
- •Lists that are written by childrenAgain, jmho but I feel Li.st has a lot of adult content and it's not the best place for kids. I don't mind reading theirs but I'm not so sure they should be reading all of mine. I'm so depressed half the time and my early years were not rated G or PG.
- •But there are so many wonderful lists that I like and enjoy here. There is something for everyone at Li.st and it's a wonderful place to be. What Kinds of Li.sts and Li.st Characteristics I Really Love